Welcome to Mason City Surgery Center. We appreciate the opportunity to take care of you and/or your family member during this stressful time period.
Mason City Surgery Center has implemented several new actions, along with our existing infection control processes in response to the COVID-19.
COVID-19 Actions to Limit Exposure for Patients, Family and Healthcare Providers:
- Hand sanitizer is provided throughout the Center.
- All surfaces are decontaminated between each patient encounter and at the conclusion of each day’s cases per national standards. This includes pens and electronic keyboards, blood pressure cuffs, thermometers, etc.
- All cases scheduled have been reviewed by your provider and our team to ensure that it is appropriate to be performed during this time.
- All patients are screened for Covid-19 symptoms and/or exposure during the PreAdmission phone call.
- Screening occurs again prior to entrance into the Center.
- Patient’s family or caregiver are asked to drop patient off at the Surgery Center’s front entrance and provide a phone number for postop call and discharge teaching needs.
- Only persons attending to pediatric/minor patients or those requiring a primary caregiver will be allowed to be with the patient. Limit to 1 parent (if possible) or caregiver per patient.
- No one under age of 18 will be allowed in the facility unless they are the patient.
- Please maintain social-distancing of 6 feet apart from others. The floor is marked to aide in this effort.
- Screening for Covid-19 symptoms, exposure history and temperature monitoring is completed for all who enter the building (staff and patient/visitor).
- Shall be worn by all patients/staff in the facility. The front screening station will provide patients with one disposable mask.
- Cloth masks will be allowed only for the patient’s parent/caregiver. If the parent/caretaker does not have a cloth mask, a mask will be given at the entrance of the center.
- Please wear the mask at all times, while in the Center.
- For your safety, avoid touching the outside of the mask. When removing, touch only at the strings and dispose in a nearby trash can.
- Wash or sanitize hands immediately after removal and any time you may have touched your mask.
- After registration, we will take you directly to a room if possible. However, you may have a short wait in our waiting lobby.
- Please maintain social distancing. Chairs have been arranged to maintain 6 feet apart.
- Once in the PreOperative area, we will ask you to wash or sanitize your hands. We recommend a minimum of 20 seconds wash, or enough time to sing the Happy Birthday song.
- The Facility will be utilizing standard and recommended practices related to anesthesia protocols, airway needs, air exchanges and cleaning our rooms.
- Written discharge instructions will be reviewed prior to and after your procedure.
- A copy of this information will go home with you to share with your family member/caregiver.
- Your family member/caregiver will be called when it is time to pick you up. Discharge instructions will be reviewed with your family member/caregiver over the phone at this time.
Post Operative Follow-Up call:
- You will receive a call within 1- 3 days after your procedure asking how you are doing.
- We will also ask if you are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19.
Safety Precautions At Home:
- Wear a protective cloth mask if venturing outside your home or yard.
- Wash your hands or hand sanitize often:
- Prior to and after touching your dressings
- Before and after eating, using the restroom, coughing, sneezing or touching high use items (door knobs, cell phones, TV remotes, computer mouse, sink and bathroom knobs etc.).
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of tissue after or cough into your elbow.
Thank you for trusting us with your care! Sincerely, The staff of Mason City Surgery Center.